Welcome to APON
(Ashokti punorbahon Nibash or Addiction Rehabilitation Residence)
Brother Ronald Drahozal, csc has founded APON on the 1st October, 1994 with the permission from the Founding Organization of "The Congregation of Holy Cross, Brother Society". He was a Holy Cross Brother of St. Joseph Province, Bangladesh. At first this center was started on temporary basis as 32/1A Shajahan Road, Mohammadpur, Dhaka. Later on in July, 2007, APON Cernter has been shifted and started running in its own permanent premises at Apongaon, Jailla, Singair, Manikgonj.
Few words from the executive Director
APON believe and make people to believe the Slogan of APON – “An Addict is Sick, not bad, not mad”.
Brother Ronald Drahozal, csc, son of Mr. Frank G. Drahozal and Mrs. Mary L. Drahozal was an American. After ordination as Religious Brother he came to Bangladesh in 1963 under The Congregation of Holy Cross Brothers Society of St. Joseph Province, Bangladesh. He served people through different institution in different places of Bangladesh. Being moved by the pathetic situation of drowsy feeble drug addicts who used to take drugs sitting beside the ill-healthy public drainage/footpath he thought of doing something for their salvage. With the permission from the Founding Organization of “The Congregation of Holy Cross Brothers Society” ” he founded APON (Ashokti Punorbashon Nibash or Addiction Rehabilitation Residence) on 1st October, 1994, at 32/1A Shajahan Road, Mohammedpur, Dhaka. Later on in July, 2007, APON Center has been shifted and started running in its own permanent premises at Apongaon Jailla, Siangair, Manikganj.
On 12 September, 2023, Celebrating the Birthday of Respected Bro. Prodip Luis Rozario CSC, Executive Director APON.
On 30 July, 2023, APON Family; Receiving Crest from District Administrator of Manikganj, on International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
On 30 July, 2023, APON family; In Rally on International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking in Dhaka.
APON family; APON’s Stall on International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking in Dhaka at Shilpokala Academy.
"An addict is sick, not bad not mad." - Bro. Ronald Drahozal csc Founder, APON
(1) Detoxification by a Professionals Prescription. Medical Check-up every week. (2) Community therapy by peer counseling.
(3) Find out the problem of the client.
(4) Provide treatment by behavior shaping tools. (BST)
(5) Spiritual development.
(6) Skill development.
(7) Sports and recreation.
(8) Awareness program for ST, HIV/AIDS, VCT.
(9) Psychiatric evaluation and Counseling.
(10) Education regarding the adverse effect of drug abuse at deferent system of human bodies.
(11) Meditation Physical exercise practice
(12) Indoor and outdoor games facilities at center’s own playground.
(13) Rescuing of clients from where the client is located.
(14) Relapse prevention Planning
(15) Transport service for diagnostic, specialized treatment, etc.purposes requiring from outside.